Register today! MAKE A DIFFERENCE! VOLUNTEER SATURDAY, October 13!
You are invited to be part of an exciting IOWAY outreach to hundreds of children and parents at Moulton Elementary School on Saturday, October 13, from 8 a.m. - Noon at 1541 8th Street in Des Moines. Of the 515 elementary students in grades K-5, a majority of them are refugees and immigrants from many countries. There are currently 31 languages spoken in the school.
Be part of bringing a few hours of fun, food, and games into their lives.
This will provide a unique opportunity for all ages.
- Bring your kindergarten age (and older), children and grandchildren.
- Bring your youth group.
- Bring your neighbors.
- Bring your ladies’ group.
- Bring your roommate.
- Bring your men’s group.
MANY VOLUNTEERS are needed because we have no idea how many children and parents will come. Let us know your volunteer preference of sports, music, crafts or food by registering online: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/moulton_elementary
- 8 a.m. Volunteers arrive and set-up. Come in the northwest door.
- Park in the parking lot south of the school.
- 9 a.m. Students arrive and are served a quick breakfast.
- 9:15-11 a.m. Judy Newhouse and ISU music students will conduct a Music/Crafts Camp and Pastor Aaron Hannemann will lead the Sports Camp.
- 11 a.m. Serve lunch, clean up, and finish by noon
Food: Sponsored by Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company and American Church Group (through IDW Group Partnership Program)
Items needed by the students: hygiene items, mittens, sweatpants, socks and underwear for ages K-5th grade.
You are welcome to bring some of these items on October 13.
Please register online at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/moulton_elementary or contact Pastor Aaron Hannemann at 515-554-4615 or Ellie Menz at 515-370-1159 or email@example.com.