Our help is needed in the Cedar Rapids area immediately (and in the future)!
I have been in contact with the Disaster Response Coordinators in Iowa District East. They need our help to continue the process of cleaning up the downed trees. In visiting this morning (8-26-20) I learned that they are continuing to get requests for help. There is MUCH work that needs to be done on the farmsteads in the surrounding areas as well as in the city limits.
Video of Derecho damage: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rOTWAHh_1KA
Let’s start by organizing a team for Friday and Saturday, August 28-29! If you can help on either or both days, that will be great!
Workers are needed for next week, and following weeks, too. Let me know what works into your schedule.
Things to know:
- Contact me if you are interested in helping. firstname.lastname@example.org or 515-370-1159
- Let me know when you can help and if you plan to drive or if you’d be willing to ride with someone.
- Skid steers, bobcats, grapplers, etc are needed. If you have this equipment and are willing to take it, please let me know.
- You do NOT need to be LERT trained to help.
- People who can run a chainsaw are needed. Bring fuel, extra chains etc.
- Needed: people who can not run a chainsaw but are willing to pick up branches.
- Minors are welcomed if they are accompanied by an adult.
- Clothing: need to wear long sleeve shirts, long pants and sturdy shoes for your own protection.
- Lodging is available at Camp Io des e ca (Iowa District East camp) at no cost to you.
- Meals are available Friday and Saturday at no cost to you. Following that, cooks will not be available to prepare meals. You can bring your own food. They have a kitchen and grills to prepare meals.
- Get a team together with your church and/or family.
- I need a driver with a vehicle that can take the Boone Circuit LERT trailer to Cedar Rapids. The trailer is currently in Des Moines.
- If teams from the circuits of Sac County, Southwest or Spencer are interested in taking their LERT trailer, let me know.
- Let’s get the wheels rolling to the East!
- Also, please let me know if you or someone you know needs help either in IDW or IDE. We will do what we can to help.
Pastors: Please share this information on Sunday. We will be organizing teams for next week as well. Thank you!!
Ellie Menz 515-370-1159